Tutorial: Diamond Chip Bag Decoration
Posted by Avital Pinnick on September 24, 2013
This decoration is an oldie but goodie. You can find tutorials for it all over the Web. It’s an adaptation of the well-known 3D paper snowflake. After this I’ll probably give the recycling crafts a rest because I’m too old to be a Mommy Blogger….
Diamond Chip Bag Decoration
- Clean chip bag
- Adhesive tape
1. Cut the coloured area of the bag into a square. My packet of chips yielded a 7″ square.
2. Fold the square diagonally in half and then in quarters. You have a little isosceles triangle.
3. Cut from one folded edge of your triangle to the other folded edge, stopping 1/4″ from the edge. This is easier to do with scissors than a rotary cutter. (I turned the folded square inside out so that you could see the cuts more easily.)
4. Gently unfold the square. You should see pairs of angled cuts.
5. Bend the two central points into a cylinder and tape.
6. Flip the piece over and tape the next set of points.
7. Flip the piece over and tape the next set of points, repeating until you’re finished.
8. Tape a piece of string to the top and you’re done!