Lady of Shallott Finished
Posted by Avital Pinnick on November 29, 2010
I made a few changes in the “Lady” this morning. I removed the frame, because I decided it didn’t add much. I reworked the willow on the left and pruned the tree on the right. Then I got a little carried away with the rushes, and threw in some flowers, a dragonfly, a couple irises, and a bullfrog on a lily pad. I could have done more with the willow but I didn’t want to over-work that part of the design, so I added a few random leaves and called it a day. Next time I’ll give more thought to the direction of the leaves. This is the first time I’ve tried doing something that resembled a natural landscape (rather than, say, biblical plants), so I didn’t take into consideration the fact that the leaves should be a little less rigid.
I added it to my Flickr set. This is my tenth paper cutting.
In progress shot of paper cutting from yesterday: